Ralph Ancil makes the case in an essay at The Imaginative Conservative.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Saturday, January 19, 2013
There seems to be quite a lot of confusion about kingship today. Seeing President Obama mocked as 'King Obama' due to his unlawful actions regarding Libya, guns, etc. is proof of it. Yes, a king often does possess the power to make new laws; nevertheless, if those new laws purposefully and repeatedly conflict with the canons of the Church or with good, long-held national traditions, then he forfeits the title of 'king' and can be opposed if that is what the Church counsels.
A true Christian king is not to be feared. Dr Vladimir Moss, with the help of Nicolas Berdiaev, explains why below. The differences between a despot like Pres Obama and a king worthy of the name (called an 'autocrat' or 'tsar' in the passage quoted) will hopefully be made more clear.
In the eighteenth century the Russian autocracy gradually developed in the direction of western absolutist monarchy or despotism. The difference between autocracy and despotism was well characterized by Nicholas Berdiaev as follows: “[In the Orthodox autocracy] there are no rights to power, but only obligations of power. The power of the tsar is by no means absolute, unrestricted power. It is autocratic because its source is not the will of the people and it is not restricted by the people. But it is restricted by the Church and by Christian righteousness; it is spiritually subject to the Church; it serves not its own will, but the will of God. The tsar must not have his own will, but he must serve the will of God. The tsar and the people are bound together by one and the same faith, by one and the same subjection to the Church and the righteousness of God. Autocracy presupposes a wide national social basis living its own self-sufficient life; it does not signify the suppression of the people’s life. Autocracy is justified only if the people has beliefs which sanction the power of the tsar. It cannot be an external violence inflicted on the people. The tsar is autocratic only if he is a truly Orthodox tsar. The defective Orthodoxy of Peter the Great and his inclination towards Protestantism made him an absolute, and not an autocratic monarch. Absolute monarchy is a child of humanism… In absolutism the tsar is not a servant of the Church. A sign of absolute monarchy is the subjection of the Church to the State. That is what happened to the Catholic Church under Louis XIV. Absolutism always develops a bureaucracy and suppresses the social life of the people.”
Source: Vladimir Moss, Autocracy, Democracy and Despotism - Part 2: The Age of Reason (1453-1789), 2012, p. 390.
Friday, January 18, 2013
From an important new article at Natural News:
Have you ever wondered what's really in vaccines? According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control's vaccine additives page, all the following ingredients are routinely used as vaccine additives:
• Aluminum - A light metal that causes dementia and Alzheimer's disease. You should never inject yourself with aluminum.
• Antibiotics - Chemicals that promote superbugs, which are deadly antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria that are killing tens of thousands of Americans every year.
• Formaldehyde - A "pickling" chemical used to preserve cadavers. It's highly toxic to the nervous system, causing blindness, brain damage and seizures. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services openly admits that formaldehyde causes cancer. You can see this yourself on the National Toxicology Program website, featuring its 12th Report on Carcinogens.
There, the formaldehyde Fact Sheet completely neglects to mention formaldehyde in vaccines. This is the "dirty little secret" of government and the vaccine industry. It does state, however, that "...formaldehyde causes myeloid leukemia, and rare cancers including sinonasal and nasopharyngeal cancer."
• Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) - A neurotoxic chemical called an "excitotoxin." It causes brain neurons to be overexcited to the point of death. MSG is toxic even when consumed in foods, where it causes migraine headaches and endocrine system damage. You should NEVER inject MSG into your body. But that's what health workers do when they inject you with vaccines.
• Thimerosal - A methyl mercury compound that causes severe, permanent nervous system damage. Mercury is highly toxic to the brain. You should never touch, swallow or inject mercury at any dose. There is no safe dose of mercury! Doctors and vaccine pushers LIE to you and say there is no mercury in vaccines. Even the CDC readily admits vaccine still contain mercury (thimerosal).
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Friday, January 4, 2013
. . . when only a handful of huge corporations direct the economic and political affairs of a country. And that is exactly where we are today in this unfortunate union of States. We are heading back, ever more rapidly, to the pre-Christian world of slavery which existed in the pagan Roman Empire, the very world of slavery that men like Hilaire Belloc warned us about in so many of their works. Richard Aleman, writing in the same spirit as they, shows just how far down that path we have gone.